Which hosting service is ideal for your WordPress blog? Here is a comparison of Hostgator vs Bluehost vs GoDaddy to assist you in making a decision.
After reading this comprehensive guide, all of your questions and concerns regarding the three web hosting companies and which one you should select will be answered.
So without further ado, let us begin.
Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator 2023
Bluehost vs godaddy vs hostgator: A Head to Head Comparison.
We’ll compare the three web hosting services based on four different criteria and decide which one is the best and why.
We will look at the following things,
- Optimization for WordPress.
So let’s start the blog post right away.
Bluehost is one of the biggest companies in the world that hosts websites.
Since 2003, bluehost has hosted over 2 million websites and is an American based company. In fact, Bluehost is one of the top three web hosting services that WordPress officially recommends.
Here are some of the things and features that make bluehost interesting.
- Bluehost has a cPanel that is easy for new users to use.
- Bluehost gives you a free domain name and SSL certificate for a year with all of its plans.
- Bluehost makes it easy to get your money back if you don’t like their service within 30 days of buying hosting from them.
- All of Bluehost’s shared hosting plans come with unlimited storage and bandwidth.
- For customer service, they give you a lot of ways to get in touch, such as phone calls, live chat, and access to a lot of helpful guides and tutorials.
Whether you’re a beginner or have a small business with less and medium traffic, Blue Host is a great choice.
Godaddy is another well-known domain registrar and web hosting company based in the United States.
Godaddy is even bigger than bluehost and is thought to be one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Godaddy actually hosts and registers more than 77 million domain names. Even though it started in 1997, the company has more than 20 million customers all over the world.
The company is better known for registering domain names than for hosting websites.
But first, let’s look at some of the cool things and features that make Godaddy a good web hosting company.
- Godaddy also has a cpanel that is very easy to use and great for beginners, just like bluehost.
- Except for the first plan, all of the other plans for web hosting give you a free domain name and a professional email address for your website for a year.
- With Godaddy, you can put your website on different servers in different countries that are part of Global data centers.
- When it comes to customer service, you can call and talk to an expert 24/7.
- It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like the service within 30 days of buying it, you can get your money back.
Even though domain registration is what Godaddy is best known for, they also have a good web hosting service. However, web hosting is not as good or as popular as domain registration.
Another well-known web hosting company based in the United States is Hostgator.
It is another company that hosts websites. It was founded in 2002, and it now hosts more than 2 million websites.
The fact that both hostgator and bluehost are owned by the same company, endurance International Group, is an interesting thing to know.
Check out some of the hostgator’s interesting things and features.
- All plans for hostgator hosting for a year include a free domain name and SSL certificate.
- In all plans, you also get unlimited storage and bandwidth, so you never have to worry about hitting a limit.
- You also get $100 worth of free Google ads and Microsoft ads.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach the team by phone, live chat, social media like Twitter, or through a helpful knowledge base.
- You have 45 days to ask for your money back.
Hostgator is a better choice for websites that have been around for a while and get a lot of traffic. Now, let’s take a closer look at how well the three web hosting companies work.
In this section on performance, we’ll look at what’s most important for websites:
Yes, you guessed correctly,
- Speed of website loading.
- Uptime guarantee for the website.
- Speed and uptime improvements.
Because your web hosting is the most important factor in determining how quickly your website will load and what your website’s uptime will be, a good web hosting company can provide you with good loading speed and uptime, which can directly help you to increase your rankings in search engines and also get more conversions and sales for your business.
In fact, a 7% drop in conversion rates can be attributed to a 100-millisecond delay in load time; as a result, you can’t afford to neglect this aspect of your website’s performance.
Let’s jump right in and analyse the hosting providers for their load times and reliability.
Bluehost speed and uptime:
Bluehost promised a 99.99% uptime guarantee, and when actual tests were run, the results were very similar; the average uptime of Bluehost during the 12-month period was 99.96%.
However, you should be aware that no web hosting company on the internet can guarantee a perfect 100% uptime due to the many factors, such as server maintenance, security checks, and so on.
And when it comes to loading times, Bluehost shared hosting, on average, has a server response time of 688 ms.
Here are some of Bluehost’s other tools for enhancing website functionality.
- SSDs are used to store data.
- The cache has been enabled for advanced caching.
- Cloudflare CDN is provided for free.
- Websites are updated with the latest PHP version.
- Websites are loaded using HTTP2.
Now let’s look at the other hosting companies.
GoDaddy speed and uptime:
Godaddy hosting servers have an average uptime of 99.94% and a server response time of 531 ms over the past 12 months, which you can check here.
Furthermore, GoDaddy offers some features to enhance and improve website performance.
- PHP version is the latest.
- To increase the speed, it has a CDN.
Hostgator speed and uptime:
Hosting statistics for hostgator show an average uptime of 99.93% over the past year, with a response time of 734 ms over the same time frame.
In addition to these, hostgator also offers a number of other tools that improve the efficiency of hosted websites.
- The CDN used is Cloudflare.
- SSD drives are used for storage.
Websites may load quickly from the hosting company’s servers, but there are many other factors, such as content delivery networks (CDNs), that contribute to the overall loading time.
- Minimizing code size in HTML, JS, and CSS.
- Dimensions and type of image.
- In particular, the website’s theme and add-ons.
As a result, the time it takes for a page to load can vary greatly between sites.
The following web hosting companies do not offer these features as part of their hosting packages, but we will compare 5 different features of WordPress Optimization for different websites.
|Install WordPress with a single click.||✓||✓||✓|
|SSL, CDN, DDoS protection, firewall protection, malware scanning, SSH access, backups, and other security features are available with WordPress.||✓||✓||✓|
|A free website migration service is available.||✓||× paid feature||✓|
|WordPress managed hosting designed to enhance the performance of your WordPress website.||✓||✓||✓|
|Create a copy of your site in a staging environment for free to make updates without impacting the live version.||✓||× free in higher plans not basic||× not there|
We will now delve into the pricing area and the various plans the hosting companies offer now that you know what features each one offers and how WordPress Optimisation works with each one.
Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator: Who Wins?
Following extensive research and consideration, I have decided to recommend Bluehost above the other two web hosts.
Here are the top 5 benefits that set Bluehost apart from the competition.
- Bluehost is explicitly recommended by WordPress.
- Bluehost offers excellent wordpress managed hosting.
- Bluehost is also fairly good with speed and uptime and considering the various options that it offers for increasing the performance.
- Bluehost is likewise very straightforward to use using cpanel and it also provides a website builder.
- In general, Bluehost’s added features, such as unlimited storage and a free domain name, make it the greatest value for money for newbies.
Besides GoDaddy’s terrible customer service, the other hosting businesses on this list also have their own problems.
A staging area has not been established.
When considering both the price and the features, it is not particularly worthwhile.
That’s why I think WordPress and Bluehost would be great for your new website.
- What Is Managed WordPress Hosting?
- Benefits Of Hosting Your WordPress Website On The Cloud
- Cloudways WordPress Migrator
- List of Best Managed WordPress Hosting You Must Not Miss
- Best UK Managed WordPress Host
- Cloud Hosting vs WordPress Hosting
- Which WordPress Cache Plugin Should I Use
- How to Use Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin?
- Rocket.net Hosting Review
- Cloudways CDN Review
- WP Rocket Review
- How To Migrate From Bluehost To Cloudways
- GoDaddy SSL Review
- Cloudways vs Dreamhost
- Mr Cloud Hosting Review
Conclusion Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator 2023
I have compared GoDaddy vs HostGator vs and BlueHost keeping in mind a number of things. All of these hosting sites are trustworthy and easy to use.
You can always compare things like price, speed, interface, and customer service to see what works best for you. I hope this comparison makes sense to you.
If you’ve used Godaddy, Bluehost, or Hostgator before, what did you think of them? Please do tell us what you think in the comments.
There you go these are all the things you need to know about these web hosting companies.
Do comment down what you think about the blog post and which web hosting company you are going to choose.