Last Updated on: December 21, 2022 by Sonia Allan | Fact Checked
Affiliate disclosure: In full transparency – some of the links on our website are affiliate links, if you use them to make a purchase we will earn a commission at no additional cost for you (none whatsoever!).
One of the most iconic and well-known fashion designers of all time was Coco Chanel.
She was known for her simple but chic designs, and her quotes are just as inspiring as her fashion sense.
Here are some of my favorite Coco Chanel quotes that will make you want to get up and start living your life to the fullest!
Table of Contents
Coco Chanel Quotes 2023
1. “There is no fashion for the old.” -Coco Chanel
2. “I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.” -Coco Chanel
3. “I like fashion to go down to the street, but I can’t accept that it should originate there.” -Coco Chanel
4. “I was the one who changed, it wasn’t fashion. I was the one who was in fashion.” -Coco Chanel
5. “Fashion fades, only style remains the same.” -Coco Chanel
6. “In fashion, you know you have succeeded when there is an element of upset.” -Coco Chanel
7. “A fashion that does not reach the streets is not a fashion.” -Coco Chanel
8. “A style does not go out of style as long as it adapts itself to its period. When there is an incompatibility between the style and a certain state of mind, it is never the style that triumphs.” -Coco Chanel
9. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” -Coco Chanel
10. “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” -Coco Chanel
11. “Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion of death.” -Coco Chanel
12. “How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.” -Coco Chanel
13. “Those who create are rare; those who cannot are numerous. Therefore, the latter are stronger”. -Coco Chanel
14. “Great loves too must be endured.” -Coco Chanel
15. “There are people who have money and people who are rich.” -Coco Chanel
16. “The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you.” -Coco Chanel
17. “Youth is something very new: twenty years ago no one mentioned it.” -Coco Chanel
18. “Scheherezade is easy; a little black dress is difficult.” -Coco Chanel
19. “Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress.” -Coco Chanel
20. “Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.” -Coco Chanel
21. “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.” -Coco Chanel
22. “As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!” -Coco Chanel
23. “Jump out the window if you are the object of passion. Flee it if you feel it. Passion goes, boredom remains.” -Coco Chanel
24. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.” -Coco Chanel
25. “Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them.” -Coco Chanel
26. “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” -Coco Chanel
27. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” -Coco Chanel
28. “Material things aside, we need no advice but approval.” -Coco Chanel
29. “There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time!” -Coco Chanel
30. “Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future.” -Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel was a prolific fashion designer and businesswoman who left a lasting legacy on the industry.
She was also known for her quotes, which are still relevant today. We’ve gathered some of our favorite Coco Chanel quotes that can help inspire your own personal and professional life.
What do you think about these quotes? How will you put them into practice? Share with us in the comments below!
Sonia Allen has been a freelance content writer and a senior SEO and content marketing analyst at Digiexe, a digital marketing agency specializing in content and data-driven SEO. She has more than seven years of experience in internet marketing & affiliate marketing. She likes sharing her knowledge in a wide range of domains ranging from eCommerce, startups, social media marketing, making money online, affiliate marketing human capital management, and much more. She has been writing for several authoritative SEO, Make Money Online & digital marketing blogs on these authority websites like ImageStation.com, and Digiexe.com