As an actor, Jonny Depp has starred in some of the most popular films over the past few decades.
He has also been known for his eccentric personality and off-the-wall quotes. In this blog post, we will take a look at some of his best quotes over the years.
Whether you are a fan of his movies or not, you can’t help but be entertained by some of his zany comments. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Jonny Depp Quotes 2023
1. “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”― Johnny Depp
2. “I don’t pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do.”― Johnny Depp
3. “Everything here is edible; even I’m edible. But that, dear children, is cannibalism, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.”― Johnny Depp
4. “They stick you with those names, those labels — ‘rebel’ or whatever; whatever they like to use. Because they need a label; they need a name. They need something to put the price tag on the back of.”― Johnny Depp
5. “If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them.”― Johnny Depp
6. “I don’t think anybody’s necessarily ready for death. You can only hope that when it approaches, you feel like you’ve said what you wanted to say. Nobody wants to go out in mid-sentence.”― Johnny Depp
7. “Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.”― Johnny Depp
8. “if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.”― Johnny Depp
9. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.”― Johnny Depp
10. “You gotta be careful: don’t say a word to nobody about nothing anytime ever.”― Johnny Depp
11. “You can close your eyes to the things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to the things you don’t want to feel.”― Johnny Depp
12. “My body is my journal, and my tattoos are my story.”― Johnny Depp
13. “As a teenager I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too.”― Johnny Depp
14. “Throughout my lifetime I’ve left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, there’s almost barely enough to stay alive. But I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent.”― Johnny Depp
15. “People say I make strange choices, but they’re not strange for me. My sickness is that I’m fascinated by human behavior, by what’s underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.”― Johnny Depp
16. “I was ecstatic when they re-named “French fries” as “freedom fries.” Grown men and women in positions of power in the U.S. government showing themselves as idiots.”― Johnny Depp
17. “One of the greatest pieces of advice I’ve ever gotten in my life was from my mom. When I was a little kid there was a kid who was bugging me at school and she said “Okay, I’m gonna tell you what to do. If the kid’s bugging you and puts his hands on you; you pick up the nearest rock…”― Johnny Depp
18. “I am doing things that are true to me. The only thing I have a problem with is being labeled.”― Johnny Depp
19. “We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we’re all somewhat screwy. Every single one of us.”― Johnny Depp
20. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”― Johnny Depp
21. “I think everybody’s nuts.”― Johnny Depp
22. “When I see someone who just follows their dream and succeeds, and just does basically what they want to do and doesn’t have to answer to anyone, obviously not harming anyone, that’s great.”― Johnny Depp
23. “I don’t care. I’m just gonna smoke. I’m just gonna totally smoke. I’ll finish these, go to the store and get a brand new pack, smoke the shit out of that one.”― Johnny Depp
24. “They say the world used to be bigger. The world’s still the same–there’s just less in it.”― Johnny Depp
25. “If there’s any message, it is ultimately that it’s okay to be different; that it’s good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.”― Johnny Depp
26. “I think the thing to do is to enjoy the ride while you’re on it.”― Johnny Depp
27. “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.”― Johnny Depp
28. “My daughter was asked by a little old lady in a London hotel restaurant what her daddy did. She answered, “He’s a pirate” – I was very proud of that answer.”― Johnny Depp
29. “A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest.”― Johnny Depp
30. “I suppose nowadays it’s all a question of surgery, isn’t it? Of course the notion is beautiful, the idea of staying a boy and a child forever, and I think you can. I have known plenty of people who, in their later years, had the energy of children and the kind of curiosity and fascination with things like little children. I think we can keep that, and I think it’s important to keep that part of staying young. But I also think it’s great fun growing old.”― Johnny Depp
31. “Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible. I believe you can retain certain things from your childhood if you protect them – certain traits, certain places where you don’t let the world go.”― Johnny Depp
32. “France and the whole of Europe have a great culture and an amazing history. Most important thing, though, is that people there know how to live! In America they’ve forgotten all about it. I’m afraid that the American culture is a disaster.”― Johnny Depp
33. “America is dumb. It’s like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive. My daughter is four, my boy is one. I’d like them to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out.”― Johnny Depp
34. “I always felt like I was meant to have been born in another era, another time.”― Johnny Depp
35. “That pipe, just so happens to lead to the room where I make the most delicious flavored chocolate covered fudge.” Then he will be made into strawberry flavoered chocolate covered fudge, they’ll be selling him by the pound, all over the world!”No, I wouldn’t allow it. The taste would be terrible. Can you imagine Augustus flavored chocolate covered gloop? Ew. No one would buy it.”― Johnny Depp
36. “If there’s any message to my work, it is ultimately that it’s OK to be different, that it’s good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.”― Johnny Depp
37. “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.”― Johnny Depp
38. “I try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.”― Johnny Depp
39. “She’s kind of a walking poem, she’s this perfect beauty…but at the same time very deep, very smart.”― Johnny Depp
40. “With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it’s just not acting. It’s lying. ”― Johnny Depp
41. “When kids hit 1 year old, it’s like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit.”― Johnny Depp
- Sylvia Plath Quotes To Make You Think About Life And Win
- Walt Whitman Quotes To Motivate And Encourage You
- Genghis Khan Quotes To Conquer And Win In Life
Conclusion: Jonny Depp Quotes 2023
In the end, it is clear that Jonny Depp is a complex and interesting individual with plenty to offer. His quotes reflect this, as they are thoughtful and introspective.
While some may be dark or depressing, others are inspiring and motivating.
We can all learn something from Depp’s words, whether we’re looking for guidance in our personal lives or trying to figure out how to navigate through difficult times.
What do you think? Are there any particular Jonny Depp quotes that resonate with you? Let us know in the comments!