If you’re a blogger or online marketer, it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest mobile SEO statistics.
In order to ensure that your content is reaching as many people as possible, you need to make sure that it’s optimized for mobile devices.
The good news is that recent studies have shown a significant increase in the number of people who are using their phones and tablets to access the internet.
As a result, now is the time to focus on optimizing your content for mobile devices. By doing so, you’ll be able to reach a larger audience and boost your website traffic.
Stay ahead of the competition by keeping up with the latest mobile SEO statistics!
15 Mobile SEO Statistics in 2023
What Is Mobile SEO Statistics?
With the majority of Google searches now happening on mobile devices, it’s not surprising that the company’s algorithm has switched from “desktop-first” to “mobile-first”.
This change means that when Google crawls the web to index pages, it will prioritize the mobile versions of websites.
That’s significant because it means that the ranking of a website in search results may be affected by how well its mobile version performs.
For example, a website with a great desktop version but a poor mobile version may now rank lower than a website with a mediocre desktop version but a great mobile version.
This change highlights the importance of having a well-optimized website for both desktop and mobile users.
Mobile SEO Statistics
With the increasing popularity of mobile devices, it’s no surprise that mobile search has become an important tool for businesses.
- According to Google, 30% of all mobile searches are location-related, and mobile accounts for 58% of all Google searches. This is especially relevant for businesses that rely on foot traffic, such as restaurants, retail stores, and service providers.
- Not only do potential customers use mobile search to find businesses in their area, but they also use it to research products and compare prices.
- In fact, 51% of smartphone users have found a new company or product when searching on mobile. And with the growth of voice search, this trend is likely to continue.
- Voice searches now account for 20% of the queries on mobile.
- According to Statista, 52.2% of all website traffic worldwide comes from mobile phones. This trend is also reflected in search behavior, with more searches being conducted on mobile than on desktop.
- What’s more, mobile searchers are more likely to discover new companies and products, with 51% of smartphone users finding something new when they search.
- When it comes to click-through rates, ranking in position #1 on mobile gets you 27.7% of the clicks, whereas ranking in position #1 on desktop only gets you 19.3% of the clicks. These statistics show the importance of optimizing for mobile users, who are increasingly the majority of web users. If you want to stay visible and relevant.
- According to a recent study, 56% of all online consumers in the United States have searched for local businesses on a mobile device.
- What’s more, 23% of smartphone users have discovered a new company or product while using a search engine on their phone. These numbers suggest that it is more important than ever for businesses to have a strong online presence.
- In order to reach potential customers, businesses need to ensure that their website is mobile-friendly and easy to find through online searches.
- Additionally, it is important to create content that is optimized for mobile devices. With more and more people accessing the internet solely through their smartphones, businesses must adapt their digital strategy in order to stay ahead of the competition.
Percentage Of Searches On Mobile vs. Tablet
- Looking at the entire search engine market share for all search engines worldwide, mobile devices make up 50.21% with tablets coming in at 2.62% (a total of 52.83% for mobile devices).
- Tablets have largely plateaued, while desktops have increased at the expense of mobiles in the latter part of 2020. In terms of Google only, mobile devices account for 58% of all searches and 62% of all paid clicks.
- Mobile devices are increasingly dominant in the search engine market and this trend is likely to continue as more users embrace mobile devices for both searching and clicking on ads.
Whether you are running a business or managing a website, it is important to keep this trend in mind and optimize your site and ads for mobile
Conclusion- Mobile SEO Statistics 2023
In conclusion, it is evident that mobile SEO is becoming increasingly important as more and more people are using their phones to access the internet.
It is therefore crucial that you make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices if you want to reach these consumers.
Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to improve your Mobile SEO ranking, and we’ve outlined some of the most important ones in this blog post. So what are you waiting for? Start optimizing your website for mobile devices today!
Content credit- https://backlinko.com/ & ahrefs.com.