According to recent social media marketing statistics, businesses that are active on social media are seeing increased customer engagement and ROI.
What’s more, customers who engage with brands on social media are more likely to become loyal customers.
As a business owner, it’s important to understand the latest social media marketing statistics so you can make the most of your social media marketing efforts. Keep reading for more fascinating social media marketing stats!
What is Meant by Social Media Marketing Statistics?
There are a few key ways in which social media and content marketing impact each other. First of all, social media platforms are often used to distribute content.
This is especially true for visual content, like videos and infographics. In fact, YouTube and Facebook are the two most popular social media platforms for sharing content.
Social media can also be used to promote content that is published on other websites.
For example, a blog post or white paper that is published on a company website can be promoted on social media to drive traffic to the site. Finally, social media can be used to generate leads and conversions for content marketing campaigns.
20 Social Media Marketing Statistics In 2023
- The global average spent 2.5 hours every day on social media and messaging (GlobalWebIndice).
- With Facebook still being the top platform used by marketers, followed closely behind by Instagram and Twitter HubSpot).
- The goal companies want to achieve from their strategies are building brand awareness or increasing engagement(HooteSuite).
- The average social media user spends just under two minutes on Instagram per day, compared to more than five hours spent browsing Facebook (Rival IQ).
- With 659 million monthly active users and 200 billion posts globally each year since 2013; it’s clear why so many people have turned into ” addicts” when posting their lives through various platforms such as Twitter or Snapchat. However, these numbers don’t tell all of the stories because some studies show that certain activities like shopping can get higher engagement rates than others!
- The best time to post on Facebook is Wednesdays at 11am, when people are likely in their morning workflow and not caffeinating yet. The average user has 0-3 coffees per day (Rival IQ).
- For Instagram, Sprout Social recommends posting between 10am – 12pm because it’s typically when they start scrolling through feeds; but there isn’t much research about what times work well other than these two extremes!
- In 2020, image posts overtook permanent videos for a number of interactions. Between 9am and 10 am or 12 pm is when you should post on Twitter (Sproutsocial)
- In 2019 it was found that there were more interactions with an image rather than videos which means if your goal has been to increase engagement by uploading content onto social media platforms such as Instagram then now may be the time to start using visual materials in addition to text-based ones because people love to share photos over anything else these days!
- The number of social media users continues to grow, with 2.603 billion Facebook accounts and 1 Billion Instagram memberships worldwide as reported by Statista in July 2020.
- The most popular platforms for connecting digitally are LinkedIn at 300 Million global active profiles versus 326 MM people on Twitter which has been around since 2006 when it was first released out of beta status during August 2007 after being initial conception April 2004.
- The content marketing world is changing, and social media has become a powerful tool in the arsenal of many companies. According to Sprout Social’s latest research on this topic:
61% focus their efforts around teaching; 58% utilize storytelling methods like videos or images with text below them (eBooks);
- 53 percent create posts that inspire viewers/readers by having strong emotions revealed through visual effects such as heart icons when someone smiles unexpectedly while viewing an entertaining video online.
- The power of a good headline can be seen in how it impacts sharing on social media. A study conducted by Backlinko and Buzzsumo that analyzed 912 million blog posts found headlines containing 14-17 words produce 76% more shares than short ones, while 1-inch long content gets 56%.
- Headlines in the form of a question tend to receive 23.3% more social shares than other types of headlines, according to research conducted by Backlinko.
- They also fare better when it comes time for them to share their content with others on Facebook–on average 218%. This is compared with just 203%, which represents an increase by about 12%.
- The more posts you have, the better chance of getting noticed by your audience. Lists with 10 items receive 4 times as many shares on social media than lists containing only one item or less!
- In 2020, 1.3 million new users joined social media every day!(Hootsuite)
Millennials are logging onto their accounts for an average of two hours and 38 minutes daily while Gen Z spends three-and half whopping days locked away from work or school with nothing else but scrolling through feeds on Facebook + Instagram before they go back out into the world again as well.(World Economic Forum)
- With the growth in social media, it is more important than ever for marketers to ensure their content won’t go unnoticed. HubSpot reports that 83% of them believe high-quality posts are better when compared with quantity alone;
- 54 percent rely on these platforms as research guides while they browse through feeds and engage with others’ posts – either by sharing links or leaving comments about products one may be interested in buying online (GlobalWebIndex).
Conclusion- Social Media Marketing Statistics 2023
Social media marketing is more important than ever for businesses of all sizes. The statistics we’ve shared in this blog post underscore the importance of social media for brands and businesses looking to reach new customers and grow their businesses.
Are you using social media to its fullest potential? If not, now is the time to start. Contact our team today for help getting started with a social media marketing plan that will help your business succeed online.
Content source- https://backlinko.com/