WP Engine Vs DreamHost- Overview
Before we get into the in-depth comparison between DreamHost and WP Engine, let’s take a brief introduction on each of the platforms.
About WP Engine
WP Engine is one of the most well-run WordPress hosting providers. Uber, Asana, National Geographic, PBS, and MyFitnessPal are among their many clients.
You’ll get free premium access to 35+ StudioPress themes in addition to hosting WordPress. They also provide a suite of performance solutions and integration to help your business develop and grow.
DreamHost, formerly DreamPress is better known today as a scalable service that allows users to manage their WordPress sites.
To ensure that site owners can benefit from these hosting services, they offer a simple pricing package with fantastic benefits such as caching, memory, and server robustness.
The technology developed behind the scenes is intended to bind various intertwined pieces into a single cohesive unit.
- Looking for a discount on Cloud hosting? Check out Dreamhost promo codes and discounts to save up to 50% OFF.m
WP Engine Vs DreamHost- Features- Which Site Has More Features?
Now let’s see what all tools and features you will get to play with while using either of the two platforms.
WP Engine is an enterprise-level hosting platform that makes WordPress publishing a breeze. They offer several features that help to speed up application delivery and site migration. In addition, they’ve partnered with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform to provide lightning-fast load times.
Let’s take a look at some of the unique features of WP Engine’s managed WordPress hosting platform:
- Free access to 35+ premium StudioPress themes.
- A 1-click tool simplifies staging, testing, and deployment.
- Easily integrate with your favorite online apps.
- With Google Analytics, you can get actionable insights about WordPress performance, content, and applications right from your WordPress admin.
Compared to WP Engine, DreamHost is considered an entry-level hosting service with a more extensive user base. Web hosting features that appeal to a large user base on the internet include unlimited bandwidth, a free domain name, website builders, a 1-click WordPress installer, and so on.
Winner: WP Engine
Ease of Use- Which one is Easier to Use?
You won’t really know how user-friendly a platform is until you use it yourself. Since you can’t do so right now, here is a brief overview of the usability of both WP Engine and DreamHost.
WP Engine handles all the technical aspects of optimizing your server’s performance. You get a fine-tuned hosting system specifically designed to host WordPress pages.
Most importantly, due to their built-in features, they do not require the installation of any performance plugins, such as caching plugins or protection plugins.
DreamHost comes with an in-house developed web-based control panel. They don’t offer cPanel to manage their hosting accounts, which is surprising given that it’s the market’s most popular control panel.
While DreamHost’s control panel is simple to use, there is a learning curve to overcome if you’re used to using cPanel.
Winner: WP Engine
Page Speed and Uptime- Which Platform is Faster?
WP Engine, a managed WordPress hosting service, offers enterprise-level WordPress output for your site. Meanwhile, DreamHost guarantees its customers 100 percent uptime. We ran page speed and uptime tests on WP Engine vs. DreamHost to see if these hosting providers deliver on their promises.
The following are the tools we used to measure speed:
- Load Impact
According to our Pingdom speed test, our WP Engine test site loaded in 582 ms, faster than 96 percent of all sites tested.
Our DreamHost test site loaded in 445 ms, outperforming 97% of all sites tested. Following the Pingdom check, we used a Load Effect tool to see if the hosting servers could withstand a traffic surge.
We sent some virtual users to our sites and gradually increased the number of visitors to 100 to see how the servers would perform.
According to our observations, the number of live visitors to our WP Engine site had no adverse consequences. Similarly, our DreamHost site remained stable during the traffic surge check. The response time did not affect the number of live visitors.
Then we ran a Bitcatcha test to see how our hosting servers performed worldwide in eight different geographical locations. Our WP Engine site received an A in our Bitcatcha test, while our DreamHost site received an A+.
WP Engine Vs DreamHost- Pricing Review
WP Engine Pricing
WP Engine is targeted primarily at different user groups, such as developers, advertisers, SMBs, agencies, and businesses. Compared to other popular managed WordPress hosting providers such as Pagely they offer competitive pricing.
Since DreamHost is targeted towards entry-level users, they decided to keep their pricing competitive. The introductory price for WordPress hosting shared by DreamHost begins at as low as $2.59 per month.
Their hosting price for WordPress controlled starts at $16.95 per month. On the other side, pricing for the WP Engine starts at $28. To IsItWP readers, that’s 20 percent off the normal price.
WP Engine Vs DreamHost- Overall Review
|About:||DreamHost has a 2-decade background in hosting service with a focus on highly functional websites for bloggers, developers, web designers, and online companies. It has a great community and supports online too.||WP Engine is a professionally controlled, stable, and reliable WordPress host with fantastic features including automatic security updates, regular backups, one-click restore points, automatic caching + more|
|Types of Support:||Live Support, Chat||Phone, Live Support, Chat, Ticket|
|Data Center / Server Location:||Irvine, California and Ashburn, Virginia||18 global server locations|
|Monthly Price:||From $8.95 per month||From $28.00 per month|
|Unlimited Data Transfer:||Yes||No|
|Unlimited Data Storage:||Yes||No|
|Host Multiple Domains:||Yes||Yes (except Personal Plan)|
|Hosting Controlpanel / Interface:||Dreamhost Control Panel||WP Engine Client Portal|
|Server Uptime Guarantee:||100.00%||99.90%|
|Money-Back Guarantee:||97 Days||60 Days|
|Dedicated Hosting Available:||Yes||Yes|
|Bonuses & Extras:||Private domain with WhoisPrivacy. Google Adwords Credit will keep up to $75. SSL Certificates are secure.||CDN (Content Delivery Network) is included on the enterprise and technical plans. EverCache technology accelerates page-load time. Transferable Installs and Transfer Billing. Easy Let’sThe SSL Certificate Encrypt. Page Tool Speed Tester.|
Pros and Cons – WP Engine Vs Dreamhost
Pros Of WP Engine
- WP Engine has partnered with Amazon Web Services to provide lightning-fast load times.
- As an enterprise-level hosting platform, they have a dedicated team of experts who are specifically trained for WordPress.
- WP Engine also provides easy migration services, so you don’t have to worry about downtime when transferring your website.
- Their customer support is available 24/7 via phone or chat, and they offer quick response times for all inquiries.
Cons of WP Engine
While WP Engine is a great platform for hosting WordPress sites, it does have some drawbacks.
- One of the biggest cons is the cost. WP Engine is one of the more expensive hosting platforms, and if you’re on a tight budget, it may not be the best option.
- Additionally, WP Engine can be quite restrictive when it comes to plugin and theme usage. If you like to customize your site with a lot of plugins and themes, WP Engine may not be the right platform for you.
- Finally, WP Engine doesn’t offer email hosting, so you’ll need to set up your email separately. While WP Engine has some drawbacks, it’s still a great option for WordPress users who want a reliable and fast platform.
Pros Of Dreamhost
- Dreamhost is one of the most popular web hosting providers on the market, and for good reason.
- They offer a wide range of features and plans to suit every need, and their prices are very competitive.
- In addition, Dreamhost is known for its excellent customer service and easy-to-use control panel.
- They also offer a free domain name for life with every new account, which is a great perk for those who are looking to start a website.
- Overall, Dreamhost is a great choice for those looking for an affordable, reliable web hosting provider.
Cons Of Dreamhost
- One of the biggest drawbacks is that they do not offer a money-back guarantee. This means that if you’re not happy with their service, you will not be able to get a refund.
- Additionally, Dreamhost does not offer 24/7 customer support. This can be a problem if you have an issue with your website outside of normal business hours.
- Overall, Dreamhost is a decent web hosting company, but there are some definite drawbacks to using its services.
Which is the best WP Engine vs Dreamhost?
WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) in the world, and it powers millions of websites. When choosing a hosting provider for a WordPress site, two of the most popular options are WP Engine and Dreamhost.
So, which is the best choice? WP Engine is a managed WordPress hosting provider that offers a range of features specifically designed for WordPress users.
These include automatic updates, daily backups, and security features such as malware scanning. Dreamhost is a more traditional web hosting provider that offers a range of plans for different types of websites.
However, it also offers a managed WordPress hosting plan that includes many of the same features as WP Engine. When choosing between WP Engine vs Dreamhost, it really comes down to personal preference.
Both providers offer great features for WordPress users, so it’s just a matter of deciding which one is right for you.
- Host4Geeks Review
- Avalon Hosting Services Review
- WP Engine vs SiteGround
- Flywheel WordPress Hosting Review
- Top WordPress Hosting For High Traffic Sites
- Things Bloggers Should Watch Out for When Picking a Hosting Package
WP Engine Customer Reviews
DreamHost Customer Reviews
Conclusion: WP Engine Vs DreamHost 2023
Of the two choices, WP Engine is the ultimate and best choice. Yes, many people would say it’s a great option for hosting WordPress, even if you may think it’s an expensive one. It is because the price of their services is around $35 a month, but here you can also get 3 months free, and a discount on the price.
On the other hand, DreamHost is a veteran in vertical low-cost hosting. It was developed back in 1996, well before Google’s advent.
With over 400k happy customers, they now serve over 1.5 million websites, blogs, and applications. They offer a wide range of hosting options including shared, WordPress, WordPress managed, Hosting WooCommerce, etc. Best of all, they provide a 97-days money-back guarantee that is leading in the industry.