I will recommend you to go through the post completely and make the decision based on certain factors that I have listed.
I evaluated the hosting based on:
Pressable is a managed WordPress hosting service that includes WooCommerce. It is designed for freelancers, agencies, and large businesses with high website traffic.
It was founded in 2010 to provide unrivaled managed WordPress hosting with powerful servers, flawless features, and a motivated team to support users.
They make it easy for users to manage WordPress sites by taking care of security, updates, and optimization at reasonable prices.
Bluehost is a highly-rated web hosting service that ranked first out of 32 web hosts for years due to its exceptional performance.
Its ranking is primarily due to its consistent 100% uptime, load speed, and affordability when all other key features are considered.
Bluehost was founded in 1996 and has grown to power over 2 million websites worldwide. They have a fantastic support team of over 750 skilled individuals available 24/7/365.
Because of their official partnership with WordPress, they have become the most recommended managed WordPress host.
All Siteground plans include a money-back guarantee, demonstrating their servers and hosting services’ reliability and stability. Siteground is a strong competitor to Bluehost.
It was founded in 2004 with expertise and an impressive team, and it now provides services to millions of users worldwide. They value their team because they have made Siteground what it is today.
In addition to web hosting, they offer reseller hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated servers, and email hosting.
Their services include reseller hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated servers, email hosting, and web hosting.
- Automated Migration: Switching the website from another platform to pressable requires only one click; pressable handles the rest automatically.
- Security: Pressable responds quickly to malware, suspicious intrusions, and attacks on your WordPress website by scanning it for viruses regularly.
- Diagnosis: Pressable’s highly skilled team performs the site analysis and closes any gaps for optimal performance.
- Personalized Onboarding: If setting up your website seems complicated, feel free because Pressable can assist you with a personalized onboarding expert who will assist you in building the website from scratch, moving an existing site, or setting up the account.
- Caching: From object caching to page caching to static asset caching, Pressable handles caching to ensure smooth performance on high-traffic sites.
- Collaborator access: Giving access permission to limit control while expanding collaboration with employees and clients to work efficiently is a breeze with the pressable.
- Free SSL certificates: SSL certificates protect the website from online threats and ensure site security. Every site hosted on Pressable servers receives free and easy SSL certificate security.
- Backups: Pressable carries a daily backup of your data, accessible whenever required.
- Managed WordPress: When you use Pressable to manage your WordPress site, you never have to worry about its security, speed, updates, backups, uptime, or scalability.
- Jetpack Premium: Jetpack premium security comes with other features in Pressable plans/packages to protect a WordPress site from potential threats like hacking, accidental damage, data loss, etc.
- Fully customizable website: Bluehost users can create unlimited websites because its WP pro offers total installs and customization.
- ‘Complete web solution: Bluehost has everything you need in a web hosting solution. Its hosting solutions are shared hosting, dedicated servers, WordPress hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting, email hosting, marketing services, WordPress guides, etc.
- Built-in Security: Spam assassin protection, hotlink protection, secure shell access (SSH), automated backups, and on-demand restoration all work together to ensure a secure website and no data loss.
- Expert support: The Bluehost support team is a well-trained group available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to handle any issues with your hosting and web space.
Bluehost comes with various tools to improve usability and ease of use. Some of them are as follows:
- Free drag-and-drop site builder
- 3 different webmail solutions
- Log files
- cPanel Account Control Panel
- Web File Manager and so on.
- Power redundancy
- Hardware redundancy
- LXC-based stability
- Unique Account Isolation
- Anti-hack system
- Proactive updates and patches
- Spam prevention
- Daily Automated and on-demand backup
- Website hosting, webspace, cloud hosting
- Data transfer
- Free drag & drop builder
- Free CMS Install
- Unlimited MySQL database
- Unlimited sub and parked domain
- Site Tools
- Servers on three continents
- High SSD storage
- Customized server setup
- Free CDN with each account
- SuperCacher plugin
- 24/7 Chat, email tickets, and phone support
- Free Site Transfer
- Knowledgebase and tutorials
Pressable vs BlueHost vs Sitegroud: Performance
Pressable is the best option for WordPress sites.
Pressable satisfied its users with speed and uptime, far superior to the popular Bluehost.
They use the redundant architecture of 12 servers to improve the site’s performance by increasing speed and uptime.
Pressable provides amazing caching plugins and configuration for your site, ensuring that performance is not compromised even during peak traffic.
The global Content Delivery Network is supported by a pressable data center in Texas, USA, ensuring response time consistency.
In a nutshell, Pressable outperforms Bluehost while trailing Siteground.
Despite its popularity, Bluehost falls short of Siteground in terms of uptime, speed, and dependability. The good news is that it produced consistent results when tested on speed during low and high traffic periods on the site.
Bluehost servers use outdated technology as a shared hosting service, making them relatively slow.
Where search engines like Google focus on providing users with quick results, slowness can harm the site’s performance.
While Siteground was quick to introduce new PHP versions, Bluehost is still using outdated PHP versions. Furthermore, Bluehost should upgrade to better cache plugins to improve site speed. However, it is worth noting that a single data center in Provo, Utah, manages all hosting.
The difference in uptime between Siteground and Bluehost is only 0.02%, with Siteground achieving an uptime of 99.99% as opposed to Bluehost’s 99.97%. According to online data, the average site ground speed from 2017 to 2019 was 713ms.
These facts are sufficient to establish Siteground as an outstanding performer. Siteground data centers cover four continents and their respective countries, including Chicago, Amsterdam, Singapore, and London, and provide excellent server response time.
SSD drives increase storage capacity by 1000 times, providing 1000 times better operations.
The NGINX full-speed technology loads static content quickly. Siteground has created a caching mechanism that optimizes the site content and reduces load time.
Using the most recent HHTP/2 and PHP7 as load time determinants improves reliability and speed. Unfortunately, Bluehost has yet to provide an update on these grounds. Regarding load time, Pressable was comparable to Siteground but superior to Bluehost. As a result, pressable is a competent performer.
Siteground outperforms both Pressable and Bluehost on speed and performance metrics.
Pressable vs Bluehost vs Siteground: Support
Let’s look at the support offered by the three hosting providers:
Pressable provides specialized WordPress support for all its customers. On the Personal plan, you can get assistance through tickets. If you upgrade to the Starter plan, you gain access to live chat support, and the Pro plan even offers a direct Slack line to the technical support team.
For those who choose the Starter plan or a higher-tier package, Pressable includes personalized onboarding. This service is especially beneficial if you’re switching from a different hosting provider. It ensures that dedicated technicians look after the migration of all your website-related data and settings.
Pressable goes the extra mile by offering proactive maintenance for Starter plans and above. A team of technicians will regularly monitor your website’s performance and resource usage, ensuring it runs smoothly and efficiently.
Bluehost offers 24/7 live chat and phone support for all its customers. However, when it comes to expert WordPress support, there are some differences based on your plan.
If you’re on the Build plan, you won’t have access to the specialized WordPress support known as Blue Sky. On the Grow plan, you can reach out to Blue Sky support through tickets, but for live chat with a WordPress expert, you’ll need to upgrade to the Scale plan.
In summary, with Bluehost, the level of WordPress support varies depending on your plan. It’s available starting with the Grow plan, but for live chat with WordPress experts, you’ll need to go for the Scale plan.
SiteGround has built a strong reputation for its highly trained customer support team, known for its responsiveness and effective issue resolution. However, it’s worth noting that there have been recent reports suggesting that SiteGround has adjusted its support policies.
Specifically, they may now be less inclined to handle website application issues.
Verdict on Pressable vs BlueHost vs SiteGround
All three of the compared web hosting services, namely Pressable, Bluehost, and Siteground, are undeniably well-known.
However, if the user must choose between them, Siteground is superior to the other two. Bluehost, as a low-cost option, can be a viable option for beginners.
Siteground and Bluehost are officially WordPress-recommended web hosts, which adds to their credibility.
However, Pressable as a managed WordPress host is on par with both. As a result, I leave it up to the reader to decide which of them is most important to them in terms of hosting.