You might want to create a master page when using Word’s page layout options. A one-page landscape in Microsoft word is something that you can create easily with our guide.
Word documents can be created in either a landscape or portrait orientation. Even though portrait mode is selected by default, landscape mode can be selected to make text appear in a horizontal orientation.
Some workarounds involving section breaks and Word’s built-in page formatting options will be required to combine both layout types in Word.
Let us learn how to do it step by step.
Follow me and you shall be a master by the end of this blog.
How to Make One Page Landscape in Word?
In Word, you can easily make a one-page landscape document by following these steps:
- Open your Word document and move the flashing cursor to the beginning of the page you want to switch to landscape mode.
- In the ribbon bar, select the Layout menu.
- In the Area Breaks section, go to Breaks > Next Page. This adds a section break and moves your text to a new page.
- Select Orientation > Landscape from the Layout menu. This will change the current page and all subsequent pages to landscape mode.
- You must now return the remaining pages to portrait mode. Scroll to the next page and position the flashing cursor at the top of the page.
- Insert a new section break by going to Layout > Breaks > Next Page.
- To turn the pages to portrait mode, go to Orientation > Portrait.
All other pages should remain in portrait mode if you followed the steps correctly.
You may also like to read:
Using Word to create specific text landscapes
If you don’t want all your text visible on the landscape page, you can create a page that contains only specific text.
- To do so, highlight the text that you want to appear on the landscape page.
- To set custom margins, go to the Layout menu’s Margins drop-down menu and select Custom Margins…
- Within the Page Setup window, click the Landscape option under the Margins tab.
- Select Selected Text in the Apply to box.
- To confirm the options you’ve chosen, click OK.
You should now have a landscape page with the previously highlighted content, forming a section break with a distinct page layout than the remainder of your Word project.
You can use this procedure to flip a full page landscape; to do so, select all of the text on the page before beginning and then repeat the steps above to finish the transition.
Conclusion- Landscape in Word 2023
You can now create documents with as many different combinations of landscape and portrait pages as you desire now that you know how to make a single-page landscape in Word.
If you still have questions, please leave them in the comments section and I will answer them.